Tuesday, March 2, 2010

11 Months, Really?

OK - this week Lacey turns 11 months! In some ways, I can't believe that we are one month from a year... in others, I feel like she has been with us forever. I love this little girl and can't believe how she has stolen our hearts!

Birthday plans are in progress - we are having a bash at our house. Invites are going out this week, we've already purchased some of the food (Brian is making sauce and chicken cutlets = yummm) and I've ordered her birthday present!

Get ready for the drum roll...... At 11 months Lacey:
  • Is WALKING!!! She's been taking steps for a few weeks now, but it has officially turned into a walk. She can go all the way across our living room!!! Funny - I never thought she would walk this early just because she never cared to roll or crawl until late!
  • Does a "bear" crawl - this is her "I need to get there fast" move. A bear crawl is a crawl on her hands and feet with no knees.
  • Is still getting EXCLUSIVE breastmilk! We have slowly started introducing whole milk because I don't think we have enough frozen to go the entire month. The transition is going great! I am totally off the pump (ahhhh freedom!) I am so proud of myself for making it this far!
  • Drinking from a sippy - we have her using both a straw sippy and a classic sippy during the day. She gets her bottle in the evening/before bed.
  • Still cloth diapered (of course!)
  • IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! I can't believe it... it has been nearly consistent since the end of February. I thought the day would never happen, and when I finally accepted it, it happened!
  • She's back in the pack and play... partially because she wasn't doing great in the crib again (she liked banging her head on the wood in the middle of the night and was waking up) and also partially because we tried to move it and it broke (good thing it was free from some friends!)
  • She's in her new big girl room down the hall now... photos will come soon!
  • Her favorite food is yogurt followed by any green veggies (something about the color - she always goes for green first)
  • She is just around 20 lbs
  • This week she got her first ear infection and is on antibiotics for the first time :(
  • She offiicially has a "lovie" doll that gets carried around EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment