Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Break!

This past week we went on a nice little family getaway to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic!

First off, we spent most of our time right at this pool. In fact, we had one of those rooms you can see in the back of the pic. We literally walked 20 feet outside our patio to the pool... it was heaven!


Lacey was a little fish! She LOVED swimming in the pool and splashing!

Since we had TWO sets of grandparents come with us on the trip, we did get a little time to ourselves... it was nice.

Three generations! I wish Lacey would have looked at the camera instead of playing with my necklace :p

On the trip, Lacey learned what CHEESE means... probably because I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of her!!!

I have more photos on Facebook and even more on my hard drive :)

Overall the trip was very relaxing. We did a whole lot of sitting by the pool - Lacey was an angel and was content with either napping, floating in the pool or playing in her pack 'n play next to the pool. We only have a few rough moments!

Unfortunately the 2nd last day we were there Lacey got some sort of allergic reaction. She got a huge rash, her eyes were all swollen and she got a cough. She is doing better but still has some side effects. The Dr. checked her out today and said it definitely looked like an allergy to something, but that she is doing ok.

We did take a few hours to go on a town tour and visit a rum factory. It made me sad to see the living conditions in this country... and worse yet that right next door they are even worse. At the end of the trip we donated all of our remaining $, diapers and toiletries to the people working at the resort.

Our resort was the Occidental Playa Dorada... it was ok. Since we got an amazing deal I really can't complain! We liked the all inclusive because there were no hidden costs (ok, except in all the jewelry I bought from vendors on the beach) however we did not find the service and food to be as great as on a cruise. I think Brian and I both agreed that our next vacation (January 2012?) will probably be back to a cruise!

1 comment:

  1. That last photo is so cute!! Glad you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete