Sunday, February 14, 2010

House projects!

Although this is going to be photo-less, I thought I'd do a quick post to let you know all about what we are doing around our house!

It's been a quite 10 months around the house, mostly because Lacey doesn't sleep and we are exhausted new parents! Prior to the baby we were always on the go on the weekends doing this and that and pulling apart rooms... now we run errands on Saturdays and Sundays are usually proclaimed "pj's and sleep as much as possible" days. Ahhhhh... parenthood :)

Good news is that we are starting back up! Our current project list includes:

Basement: ripping everything out (to the studs done), expanding the prior "finished" part and expanding it a tad to make me a new, permanent home office plus family room/bar. Yes, I said bar and it will be approximately 10 feet away from my desk, LOL.

Re-wiring: sine the basement ceiling and walls will be out, we are going to be re-wrining the entire downstairs and basement. Last year we did put in a new electric box and re-wired the upstairs. Now, it's the downstairs turn!

Kitchen: the kitchen has been mid-project for over a year now, because in order to do some of our other projects (such as re-wiring the upstairs, overhaul of the plumbing & venting, etc.) we've had to make some holes in the kitchen walls. The kitchen will probably remain mid-project for at least another year because it will be our last completed project. While it's ugly half-done, we really can't finish it until we finish everything else. Plus, it's still functional!

My office/Lacey's room: since sweet little Lacey is such a light sleeper and we have tried everything else, we are going to move her bedroom to my current office room (the back and farthest bedroom). The problem is that this isn't easy because my office is also my sewing room and I have more crap in it than you can possibly believe. My goal for Monday is to clear out the room/closet and get everything stored somewhere (no basement storage right now!) I'll then be moving Lacey into this room and moving my office into her Safari-themed bedroom until my new office is ready. The room has no theme right now (neutral walls) but I am thinking of doing a pink/green theme. She'll be moving into it without any cute decor/colors because the key is getting her into the quieter bedroom. The cuteness will just have to come later! I am loving this though because when we did our other nursery we made it neutral since we didn't know Lacey's gender... I am LOVING all the cute girly bedroom decor!

Misc. projects: Re-do Lacey's new bedroom walk-in closet, buy/hang all new closet doors throughout the house, hopefully get new living room furniture as well as furniture for the new basement, lots of repainting due to all the moving and dinged walls.

That's it... we have lots to keep us busy in 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment