Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 21 Months, Lacey!

Here we go! (I really wish I kept up this blog with her monthly changes... oh well. I am beginning again and that is what is important!)

Lacey amazes me everyday. I can't believe what a wonderful, loving, little person she is turning into! Sometimes I just can't stop kissing and hugging her because she is so freaking cute!

So, in the last month...

I have been told that Lacey is "fearless." So in addition to being monkey-girl, she also likes to jump and fall from things. She now will stack pillows up and jump from the ottoman onto them. She also pushes furniture around and climbs/jumps from one thing to the next. OK - we probably shouldn't encourage this... but it's kinda funny.

We have finally mastered the world "help." FINALLY!!! As soon as she starts to whine, we say "what do you want" and she either tells us or says "elp."

Also in the last month - she is naming "pee pee" and "poop." I've also noticed that she holds herself when she pees and immediately wants to be changed. She is familiar with the potty and we regularly sit on it. We are just going to keep moving forward slowly until she is ready.

Her favorite book is Dr. Suess's ABCs. I think we are reading it about 3-4 times a day right now. First thing in the morning I hear "ABCS ook" (book). We usually read it more than once in a row!

The last two weeks she has been an AMAZING sleeper. We bumped her bedtime down 15 minutes and it seems to have helped. I'm actually considering bumping it down again and having her wake-up time closer to 6:30. It might be helpful to have an hour and 1/2 to get ready in the AM when I go back to work (and also nice to have more time in the evening to ourselves).

Her favorite current foods are "MEATBALLS" (she always yells it and is very excited about them) and of course, "COOKIES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment