Monday, January 17, 2011

Nora is 2 months old!

Time is flying! I only have 2-3 more weeks of maternity leave left (depending on what gets approved, I should know tomorrow!) This have been VERY different with this recovery, most notably how sore I have been.

After having a c-section with Lacey, I was much more sore initially, but I felt great after just a month. It didn't take me long to get back into working out and resuming normal activities. I was ready to go back to work at 9 weeks.

This time it is so much different. I am still having episodes about once a week where 1-3 days I will be really sore and even swollen. I am not working out, cleaning (much) or doing anything I am not suppose to be doing. It's been very frustrating.

Anyways, back to Nora!

At 2 months...


  • She is exclusively breastfed, with a nice freezer stash going on. I am currently pumping anywhere from 5-10 ounces extra each day in the morning.
  • We are cloth diapering part time. This has been a big struggle - a lot of this has to do with the fact that I can't carry laundry... which makes it hard to keep up with the clothing alone, much less diapers. It's likely we will stick to part time (just at home) with both the girls when I go back to work. It will be very difficult to wash diapers every day and keep up with the clothes while working.
  • We are finally getting some smiles!!! It's funny how each of the girls are so different. Lacey was smiling and cooing like it was no big deal at 4 weeks. With Nora, we really have to work hard to get her to crack! It's super cute when she does, however. She has a similar dimple to Lacey and I love it! Hopefully one will be caught on camera soon!
  • Nora's feedings are very scheduled. Three hours apart - 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm-9pm is cluster feeding then 1:30am, 4:30am. I don't remember Lacey being so scheduled no matter how hard I tried to be consistent.
  • Nora is very laid back. She could care less about toys (Lacey loved, loved toys at this age already). She'd prefer to just hang out in her chair and nap or watch the room. It seems like whenever I put toys in front of her, she just turns her head the other way!
  • I've moved out all the newborn clothes and moved in the 3-6 months!
We got to the Dr. later this week and I'll post her stats then :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment