Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy 8 months (Saturday) Lacey!

As usual, a quick post! Lacey had a great November!

At 8 months...
  • We are still exclusively breastfeeding!!!!! I know have over 1400 ounces in the deep freezer. It is literally JAMMED packed down there! I am not really trying to produce any extra anymore since we have no place to store. Since I have made it this far, my goal is to continue until the end of January and then stop pumping. I will let her self-wean on the actually BFing. Once we get to end of January at that point we can use frozen to get us to 12 months!
  • We are still cloth diapering and loving it!
  • Lacey is wearing 9 month clothes... but on the verge of moving to 12 month pants because of her fluffy booty.
  • She weighs in around 18 lbs. (a tad over)
  • Up until last week she had all homemade baby foods. We started using some jarred food for things that are too $ to buy or difficult to make. We haven't found a food that she doesn't like!
  • Lacey is also starting some finger foods... finely chopped banana and other dissolvable solids.
  • She is being introduced to a sippy cup... generally she just chews on it but sometimes she sucks.
  • Still has NO TEETH! I love her gummy smile!
  • She is scooting all over the place (the baby gates are up!) pushing to a sitting position and pulling up to a standing. I've seen her try to take a few steps here and there as well. She loves when we help her walk behind her push toy. We still have a ways to go before she is on her own.
  • Lacey goes to bed at 7:30 and (a good night) means she is up 2x. Once for a hug and once for food.
  • Lacey finally had her first sleepover this month! She stayed at Grandma's house when mommy and daddy were worn out after a rough week. Let me just say, it's really, really hard to be BFing and not have a baby for over 12 hours! Ouch!!!
We are super excited for Lacey's first holiday season! This weekend I made her the cutest red and white tutu and took some photos for xmas cards. We also cut down our own tree and decorated. The house looks fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment