Wow, I can't believe what a crazy year it has been! Here are some of my highlights of 2009:
January: In January I was just getting comfortable in my new job with J&J. I was commuting to Rochester (1 hour 2 minutes) 2-3 days / week. I only had a few really bad whether days. In January I was just about to hit my third trimester of my pregnancy with Lacey! My nephew Drake was born (in a hurry I might add) on January 4!
Erin, Me, Brian, Melissa and Garrett at Niagara Falls
Sara, Stephanie, Me and Kristin goofing around on New Years
February: This was the month of my baby shower. I quickly learned how many baby things "we needed to have" and how quickly they would consume all of our storage space :) In February the baby's room was set up and ready to go!
Erin and I showing off Lacey's new "Made in Buffalo" outfit at my baby shower
March: My Dr. was anticipating Lacey coming this month... therefore, I started to cut back at work and no longer commuted after the 2nd week. We braced ourselves, I studied hypnobabies... we were ready and I was HUGE (gained 45 lbs!) ... ready to go.
No wonder she was a big baby, I'm HUGE!
April: March went by and we still had no baby. We got to meet Drake for the first time and was hoping that he would get to meet Lacey... but of course she wanted to stay put until April 4 - nearly 2 weeks after she was expected. My Dr. did offer an induction in late March, however I refused unless medically necessary. My labor was not fast and not fun but ultimately we had a beautiful and healthy baby girl born on 4/5/09 weighing 8 lbs 3 ounces.
Day #2
5 days old
May: Yay for maternity leave! Lacey and I spent the month of May taking lots of long walks (and I mean long!) We also took our first trip to Ohio to visit the rest of the family. At the end of May, Brian was let go of work and we decided that he would stay home with Lacey for the summer.
Getting ready for the annual golf tournament in Ohio!
June: In June, I went back to work after a few short (9) weeks. (Next baby I plan on staying home for 3-4 months.) It was a really tough month. Lacey was still waking up a few times a month, I was still breastfeeding/pumping and learning how to be a mommy.
3 month photo shoot at the beach
July: July was a great month because we started spending our weekends at the cottage and were able to get some help/sleep. I was busy working on a big project during the week while Brian and Lacey bonded. On the weekends we relaxed on the beach. Lacey loved her baby PeaPod!
Me, Lacey and Brian at the beach!
August: In August we made our second trip, a road-trip down to Atlanta with Lacey. She had a fabulous time getting to know her family down there and was amazing in the car. Lacey went in the pool for the first time in August. Brian also began looking and found a new job with JMD environmental. Lacey started daycare at the end of August with Pam.
Lacey with her Great Grandparents Blamire in Atlanta
September: Our cute little nephew Gavin turned 1 in September! It was a fun family day! Lacey grew accustomed to daycare this month and quickly began to make up for all the sleep she wasn't doing at home! We thought we might be taking a trip to France this month (for my work) but then the trip got cancelled.
Gavin in his birthday hat!
October: This month was Lacey's first Halloween and a visit from Grandpa Blamire. We took a trip to the pumpkin farm and had fun dressing up.
What a ham!
November: In November all of the babies were able to spend a few fun days together at Thanksgiving. We had a blast playing and especially visiting the aquarium! I'm looking forward to watching the cousins grow up and explorer as they get older. This was a very sleep deprived month - Lacey was waking up 3-4 times / night!
Drake and Lacey playing
The three babies - Lacey, Gavin and Drake
December: There is nothing like being home for the holidays! I was very thankful this year (again) to be back home and settled in Buffalo. Brian and I both have amazing families and we just could not have survived this year without them! This month was filled with Christmas traditions including cutting down our own tree, decorating the house and having Christmas brunch at our house.
My beautiful girl on Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment