Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fluff Talk Thursdays: Wipes, wipes, wipes!


So you ask, since we use cloth diapers how do we wipe little Lacey's bum up? Cloth wipes of course!

I am terrible with photos so of course I do not have any. Our wipe system is very simple... scrap flannel (bought super cheap from Joann's) cut with pinking shears into little rectangles. We do use any solution or anything fancy... just run them under warm water and wipe Lacey's little fanny off.

At home we have a Wahmie's wipes warmer. We use it mostly to keep the wipes damp, not necessarily warm. It's fabulous! I even want to wipe my butt with those wipes!

On the road the wipes just go in the bag and we run them under the facet when needed.

Our wipes get washed right with the diapers! It is super easy!

I have tried disposable wipes on a few occasions and fount them to be a big hassle. First, they are nowhere near as thick so you need about 3 of them to get a messy poo, they are wasteful and they would require some sort of waste receptacle separate from my diapers.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating in my meme Lindsay!
    You crack me up...well, I guess you could wipe your own butt with them. One of my other readers said that she & her husband use cloth toilet paper. I am sure it feels 100% better, but my husband would NEVER go for that. Not sure I would either. lol.

    I hope you participate in Fluff Talk Thursday again next week. It is going to be so much FUN!! I can't wait to read everyone's funny husband stories. I am going to let my husband write...so am a little scared. This should be interesting. :-)

    Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete