Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making Pickles, Father's Day and my Diaper Diva!

I've been meaning to post about the above topics for some time now, however my "awake" and "available" time is pretty much spent obsessing over Brian and Lacey. So, back to "Making Pickles, Father's Day and my Diaper Diva!"

Making Pickles

One of my new interests is food preservation. Odd yes, but also very useful! My mom found me a canner at the Goodwill for $3 so Brian and I tested it out by making pickles.

To be exact, we made 120 pickles. Did you know that pickling is actually quite a process? It involves slicing cucumbers, boiling them, mixing in the "pickle stuff" and then canning. We have yet to try them (I am insisting we wait a few weeks for a good BBQ) but they look yummy!

I can't wait for the local veggies to start ripening so we can do some summer salsa and peach butter! Yummm...

Here are the cucumbers cut up and ready to go!

Canning/boiling




Father's Day

Brian was certainly a lucky Daddy this year! Lacey made him a coffee mug / thermos with her photos on it and he received a Saz-all (I have no idea how to spell that!) Here is a photo of Brian, Lacey and his Grandpa. (Lacey was not very happy - she was tired and cranky and didn't feel like photos...)

My Diaper Diva

FINALLY I have finished this diaper! Thanks to a rainy day at the cottage, Lacey's hot pink "Diaper Diva" diaper is finished! Now how cute is that fluffy bum???

Also - can someone who uses Blogger please tell me why my photos are all cut off on the right?

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe that is the cutest diaper I've EVER seen!!!

    ReplyDelete